Skip to main content



A Pond: Part 1

So this happened a few weekends ago...We added a pond.  It's part Birthday present and part Mother's Day present.

Here is what the area looked like before.  As you can see, we already had bought the stock tank.  Actually, we bought it last June I think.  It sat all summer and then all winter.  Finally we got out there and made it happen.

After clearing the area, I laid some half cinder blocks to use as sort of a base for the tank.  After some finagling, I got them all level.  It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.  Somehow this seemed like it would be the hardest part of the project. (Fun fact, it wasn't even close)

Then we added edging and started some soil preparations.  This was definitely not as easy as leveling the tank.  Since we were working with some existing edging, it was a long process to get them to fit in the right amount of space.  After five or six tries of shifting the blocks one way, then switching the curves, and shifting them another w…

Latest Posts

Photo Friday: Alstroemeria

My Kind of Wreath


Photo Friday: Rainy Days

Nandinas Gone Wild

Mandarin Oranges

Photo Friday: Yesterday's Daylily Cross

Photo Friday: Acer palmatum 'Sister Ghost'

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day: April 2019

Photo Friday: It's Blue Bonnet Season