Well, it was good while it lasted. It finally got hot and we ended up with a mite problem. We've never been able to control mites on a tomato plant long term.
They basically destroy the leave on the plant until there aren't any left. Then we have a weird tomato stem. It also gives the mites a place to live in our garden, since we never can seem to completely eradicate them.
You can see where the damage had gotten really bad. It happens FAST and the mites are impacting a few different plants in the garden overall.
Admittedly we didn't let it get very bad prior to removing the plant. It was right up on the patio, in our faces looking ugly and harboring the offenders.
It looks neater and less like a tomato jungle. The citrus trees will definitely enjoy more space. We're working on their form this year, so being able to see it from behind all the tomato foliage is a good thing.
Don't worry though. I left myself a little gift for the future in the form of a ripe tomato in the back of the pot. I have plans for a fabulous spring/early summer Super Sweet 100 next year!