Dallas Waterwise Landscape Tour

After reading a post on the Plano Prairie Garden, we decided to head out to the Water-wise Landscape Tour in Dallas County.  This event is coordinated by the City of Dallas Water Utilities, City of Dallas Stormwater Management, City of Dallas Park & Recreation, Texas AgriLife Extension, the Dallas County Master Gardeners and the Town of Addison. 


Since we don't actually live in Dallas County and the tour is sort of spread across the county, we choose to only tour some of the gardens.  In total the tour included 19 residential sites, 7 demonstration gardens, and three tour headquarter sites.  We managed to go and see six after Tucker was finished up at work and before we got too hot to enjoy ourselves anymore.  Each site had a plant list available to the guests...a nice feature that all garden tours should think about including.  Some of the gardens we visited were fabulous and some were rather underwhelming.  (I feel sort of mean judging folks when my own garden is so far from being tour worthy.) Overall we had a pleasant late morning/early afternoon talking to gardeners and looking at plants.



Comments

  1. Hello Tucker and Rebecca. It looks like you hit some gardens that I have not seen before. I do agree that some of the gardens on the tour are not particularly special. That was part of the reason I tried to get on the tour a few years ago. After some of the gardens I had seen on the tour, it never occurred to me that I would get turned down!

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I am looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of these pictures came from folks who joined the tour this year. From what I have seen of your garden (on your blog) yours would have been great on the tour.

      Delete
  2. It must be garden tour time. I went on one this weekend, but haven't gotten around to writing a post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts