Garden Bloggers Bloom Day: June 2019 The End of Daylily Season


It is basically the end of daylily season in North Texas.  We still have a few more weeks of scattered blooms, but we always seem to peak in late May or early June.  I promise that I will show something else come next month, but right now, these really are the stars in our garden.

Seedling

Eric Junior

I B Little

Peanut Butter Frenzy

Copper Chamelon

Small World Rock and Roll


Hudson Valley

Painted Pinwheel

Lolabelle


I've been hybridizing up a storm this season and did a quick inventory of all the tags I currently have out in the garden on the regular size daylilies.  It's over 80.  They aren't all pods yet, some will end up withering away, and others won't have any viable seeds, but we will have a lot of seeds to deal with soon.  I ran out of sunlight in the mini-bed, so it hasn't been inventoried (besides, the snails ate so many of my tags so quickly I wasn't able to keep up so there are a bunch of unknown pods out there that are depressing.)  According to the weather, I probably will be done hybridizing after next week due to the heat.

Comments

  1. I love daylilies. Our earliest daylily is beginning to grow flower buds now but our main season won't come for another 2 or 3 weeks. I can't wait, and enjoyed your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are lovely but the seedling featured in the first photo is my favorite. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some beauties, the first one especially. I'm enjoying mine. It's fun to go around early every morning, popping off yesterday's spent blooms and looking to see what is open today. Every day is a new day with Hems.

    June is their peak here, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts