Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone is having a great Halloween.  It looks like we're going to have a rainy one this year.  Below is my entry for my work's Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest.  Fingers crossed I win...a $25 Target gift card is at stake. 



This type of pumpkin carving is actually pretty easy.  The hardest part is getting up the courage to make the holes for the small pumpkin/gourds.  The key is to start smaller than you think you need.  You can cut more away, but you really can't add it back in a structurally sound way.  The faces are easy and you can make a nice large hole on the bottom side of the pumpkin to scoop out the insides.  The added bonuses of this are added stability and a larger "canvas" since the top is solid.  The teeth are just pumpkin seeds that I dried and hot glued on. 

Are any of you carving pumpkins for Halloween?

Comments

  1. We didn't carve this year, I usually don't because of the rotting quickly factor. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I consider that a winner. I don't carve my pumpkins but have decorated them by gluing moss and succulents on them, and this year I bought scary arms and legs for one, which apparently prompted premature rot...I hope you, your husband and the little one enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pumpkin carving here. Your entry should win it is hilarious. Errr I mean scary. ;)
    Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your entry and am sure it won! I carved a pumpkin with the kids at school after they scooped out the seeds and guts. They have so much fun seeing the insides!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts