Getting Ready for our First Trip Out


We've been able to make a bunch of progress on our popup this summer.  Which is good since we're going to be heading out for our first campng trip in a long time next month.  It will be both of our dogs and out daughters first camping tip ever.  Fingers crossed it will go really well.  Below is a glimpse of where we started.  Fake wood cabinets (some broken), dirty curtains, and cream colored flooring.




Everything has been given a coat of blue paint to freshen it up.  First I primed everything with a high adhesion primer followed by two coasts of paint.  We also replaced the flooring because cream is not a color that should be on a camper floor.




I also had time to start remaking the curtains.  I gave them a good washing and then got started.  I've finished on panel and started another, so only 2.25 more to go.  I used the old panels as the lining for the new ones.  I love the fabric and it looks really good with the cushions the previous owner covered, but honestly it wasn't necessarily what I would have picked for camping.  Since we got 10 yards of it with the camper, I decided to give it a try.  If it doesn't work out, I can just start over.




We tried out the one finished curtain to make sure it fit okay since it was already set up so I could work on the flooring.  Not too much left to complete before the trip...good since we don't have too many more weekends left!

Comments

  1. Looking good! I like the curtains! A couple years ago I took my girls and husband camping for the first time. It was poor planning on my part, as I took them on an October weekend in Massachusetts. (I had just booked the first weekend available after my husband agreed to go, not wanting him to back out.) Of course, that weekend there was a cold snap into the 20's, and we were in a tent. My family was not too impressed! Hoping your first trip with the kids goes more smoothly than ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well I know it won't be in the twenties. We're hoping it won't be too hot, though the popup does have AC, so that's nice insurance.

      Delete
  2. I love your colors. It will have your look when you are finished. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts